Call for Applications — Joint MA Program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society (CMEPS) between the American University in Cairo (Egypt) and University of Tübingen (Germany).
For the first time, CMEPS is happy to announce we are offering spring semester admission to this joint program (to AUC only).
Application deadline: October 15.
Fellowship deadlines vary: see details/link below.
We are actively recruiting candidates from across the globe with selection based on academic merit, personal qualification and recommendations, as well as motivation for graduate study. While the language of instruction for the program is English, further training is encouraged for Arabic/German-language acquisition to go with study.
In a nutshell, the Joint MA in CMEPS:
• Consists of 20 total spaces (10 each at AUC and the University of Tübingen)
• Is taught completely in English (both in Egypt and in Germany)
• Runs for a total of four full-time academic semesters (two years)
Successful applicants to the CMEPS program are expected to:
• Hold a B.A. degree (or institutional equivalent) in political science or a related social science (such as Middle East or Islamic studies, anthropology, sociology, history, public policy, law, among others)
• Provide evidence of proficiency in English, e.g. TOEFL scores (of at least 90), IELTS (of at least 6.5); other certificates or evidence may suffice.
For how to apply for admission, fellowships, and for general inquiries, simply e-mail: email@example.com (as the procedures have changed!)
Funding is available. for a complete list of options, eligibility and deadlines: visit http://new.aucegypt.edu/adm…/financial-affairs/fellowships-0