Are you interested in Comparative Politics of the Middle East – Apply!
You are eligible for studying in the CMEPS program if you:
- hold a B.A. degree or equivalent
– in Political Science or a related social science, or
– in Middle East Studies, Islamic Studies, or a related discipline (only at the University of Tübingen)
- provide evidence of your proficiency in English, e.g. through TOEFL (scores: at least 90), IELTS (at least 6.5 with a minimum of 7 in the writing section)
At the University of Tübingen, applicants’ bachelor’s grade needs to be 2.5 or better (on the German grading scale).
At AUC a GPA of at least 3.2 is required.
The CMEPS program offers 20 places each year, 10 each at both universities. Selection of students is based on academic capabilities, personal qualification, and motivation.
For further details on the application modalities please visit our FAQ section!
Applying to CMEPS
The closing dates for the coming academic year are detailed below. Please use our online application system; applying by email or by post is not possible. Studies begin in fall.
To apply for the program please visit:
At the University of Tübingen
Application deadline: application period for the Winter Term starts in March of the same year and ends on: May 15th.
Required documents: High School Diploma; B.A. certificate/ transcripts of records, CV, a letter of motivation (up to 2 pages), proof of English language requirements.
Optional documents: Evidence of other achievements (internships, work experience, etc.); contact details of an academic referee (if desired to be noted in CV). If you have any questions or difficulties with the application process please contact email@example.com
The final deadline for admission is May 15. Applications or late documents which reach us after this date, unfortunately, cannot be considered!
- Information by the Admission Office at the University of Tübingen: http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/2048
At the American University in Cairo
- http://www.applyweb.com/auc/index.ftlMake sure to select Graduate Admissions and the entry date as “Fall 202x” as well as the concentration for MA in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society (CMEPS).
Candidates with an international background are particularly welcome at the AUC.