Call for Applications in the Joint MA Program in Comparative & Middle East Politics and Society (CMEPS) between the American University in Cairo (Egypt) and University of Tübingen (Germany).
The CMEPS program is happy to announce the opening of its Fall 2016 admissions cycle at AUC.
The priority deadline for consideration at AUC is 1 February 2016, while fellowship deadlines vary (see details/link below).
We are actively recruiting candidates from across the globe with selection based on academic merit, personal qualification and recommendations, as well as motivation for graduate study. While the language of instruction for the program is English, further training is encouraged for Arabic/German-language acquisition to accompany study.
In a nutshell, the Joint MA in CMEPS:
• Consists of up to 20 total spaces (10 each university)
• Is taught completely in English (both in Egypt and in Germany)
• Runs for a total of four full-time academic semesters (two years)
• Is jointly supervised by world-renowned faculty at each university
• Offers in-depth training in both theory and practice, as well as a full-time semester at the partner university
Successful applicants to the CMEPS program are expected to:
• Hold a B.A. degree (or institutional equivalent) in political science or a related social science (such as Middle East or Islamic studies, anthropology, sociology, history, public policy, law, among others)
• Provide evidence of proficiency in English, e.g. TOEFL scores (of at least 90), IELTS (with a score of at least 6.5 and with at least 6 scores in each section and 7 in the writing section); other certificates or evidence may suffice.
For how to apply for admission, fellowships, and for general inquiries, simply e-mail: email@example.com (as the procedures have changed)
Funding is available for tuition coverage at AUC. For a complete list of options, eligibility and deadlines, visit http://aucegypt.edu/admissions/fellowships